About Guide :-
What Is zRAM/Swap?
Hi guys..Today I will guide You Universal Guide to Enable zRAM / Swap in Any Custom Rom – MT65XX. zRAM is a Linux kernel function that gives a form of virtual memory compression. zram increases overall performance by way of keeping off paging to disk and the usage of a compressed block device in RAM instead, inside which paging takes area until it is essential to apply the swap area on a hard disk drive. since using zram is an alternative way to provide swapping on RAM, zram allows Linux to make a better use of RAM when swapping/paging is needed, specifically on older Devices with much less RAM installed. This is Given By Mrrajsingh111 and 100% Tested by TEAM 11.
Requirements For Guide :-
- Knowledge about unpacking and repacking boot.img
- Notepad++ :- CLICK HERE
- Working brain and eyes.
- Boot.img Unpack/Repack :- CLICK HERE
Guide Starts :-
Download these 4 tiny*** files :- CLICK HERE and Extract it you will get following 4 files listed below-
- Now Copy these files and paste in a Folder.
- Extract the Rom(in which do you want to enable swap or zram)
- Now go to System – Bin folder and paste those four files here (all tiny** files)
2. Unpack the boot.img and go to initrd or Ramdisk folder :-
- See is there any enableswap.sh file?
- If yes, then NO need to do or edit anything in boot.img.